Allegion is looking for a highly motivated Hardware Engineer capable of working collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment. The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for designing/testing various hardware circuits in collaboration with global product development teams and manufacturing plants. The candidate selected will need to be an organized self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced design culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge in designing embedded system based on Microcontroller/ Microprocessor based systems and associated subsystems such as the power supply, I/O interfaces, displays and communication protocols like UART, SPI, I2C, RS232, USB, Ethernet
- Strong in Fundamentals of digital communications, wireless protocols, transceivers and applied electromagnetics
- Good knowledge in designing, analyzing/debugging power supply and analogue circuits
- Knowledge in PCB layout design, and manufacturing processes
- Experience in Component selection and validation
- Experience on Electronic Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools and processes
- Experience in electronic product sustenance
- Experience in design review’s with stakeholders and PCB Assembly vendors
- Knowledge of DFT and DFM
- Experience in FMEA, hardware validation, debugging hardware issues, and root cause failure analysis
- An understanding of the causes of EMC/EMI/ESD problems in electronic circuits and best practice methods employed to overcome these.
- Should have experience in interfacing with Project Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Teams to support the PCB designing activities
- Proficiency in engineering computer tools used for design analysis and verification required.
- Experience in Circuit Simulation tools and analysis.
- Hands-on experience in using test equipment like Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Power analyzers etc.,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must be a very good team player
- Innovative problem solving and creative skills
- Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in Value Engineering/Cost Reduction would be a plus
- Awareness of manufacturing engineering, Quality engineering, or Reliability engineering
- PCB Layout experience using Altium or similar tool would be a plus
- Knowledge in IPC PCB design guidelines
- Experience in product validation testing would be a plus
- Experience on compliance Testing (CE/FCC/Safety) would be a plus
Education and Experience
- B.E/B.Tech or higher in EEE / ECE
- 3+ years of relevant experience
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.