The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Hardware Engineer VAVE based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer Hardware Design in Eaton’s Life Safety business, based in Pune, India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to: Hardware Engineer will be required to work on Ananlog / Digital circuit designing for power electronics system. Work on circuit validation through Simulations, Identify cost out opportunities for existing products. Participate in EMI / EMC and certification tests for hardware designed for Emergency Lighting division. Hardware engineer will primarily be working with Product Development teams in Pune and Europe.
- Success in this position requires the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes. We are looking for candidates who are able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must. Problem solvers who are excited about learning new technologies, coding scripts, and designing infrastructure in an automation-first environment will excel in this environment.
- Work in a cross functional/ multi-disciplinary team in making technology/ engineering decisions required for project execution.
- Perform key engineering tasks and calculations to execute projects on a day to day basis.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for efficient design (cost and quality). Some of the manufacturing processes include PCB- electronic boards assembly, soldering, SMD components assemblies & for mechanical parts – basic of molding, stamping and other manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Electronics Engineering
- Years and area of experience required: with 3-5 years of experience in areas of embedded systems development for analog, digital and mixed signal design, lighting and heating control products. Experience in working on NPI/Sustaining/VAVE projects for Emergency lighting luminaire or Fire detectors or Sounders or Notification devices.
- Exp. in VAVE projects will be an advantage.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in design and development of electronic product lines like lighting controls, emergency lighting luminaires, controllers, fire panels, fire notification devices products to name a few and relevant product standards such as UL, IEC & NEC.
- Demonstrated product execution from concept through commercialization on at least 1 projects of medium technical complexity involving concept generation, POC, verification, validation and certification as per global standards. Experience must include hand on experience with design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to PCB design, component selection, schematics creation & evaluation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts.
- Should have good knowledge on different product design tools environment like Altium, OrCAD, CAD- PRO E, Solid works or E-CAD, LT Spice, P Spice etc and FEA tools as required for product design and development.
- Analytical skills must include understanding component design/ selection, stresses, fatigue life, component fits and establishing efficient, ergonomic methods of assembly.
- Awareness of DFSS / DMAIC processes will be an added advantage
- Completes / reviews analysis on components through the use of MathCAD or Excel calculations.
- Component selection with thermal and stress analysis
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required.