The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Develop and Support Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) and other laboratory quality systems. Investigate, test and recommend new software solutions for existing or proposed processes. Evaluate and implement new applications and support ongoing effective utilization of applications. This is a global position, and it will require working with end users or colleagues in different time zones and occasionally outside normal working hours.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participate in opportunities for improving LabWare LIMS functionality and performance.
- Focuses on meeting customer expectations and working with a customer service mindset.
- Meet with lab management teams to plan the implementation of LIMS, enhancements and assess impact to operations and necessary workflow changes.
- Develop and enhance LIMS which include requirement analysis, designing, programming, configuration, upgrades/patches, system documentation, custom reports, bug fixes, and training.
- Configure and support LIMS analysis, test lists and other LIMS static data as needed.
- Develop Crystal and Excel reports, data reports to customers, Key Performance Indicator reports and any other reports needed to support the laboratory functions.
- Support the business in the retrieval of data from LIMS. Provide data for analysis utilizing queries and reporting tools.
- Provide support of LIMS which include troubleshooting, configuration, administration, upgrades/patches, system documentation, bug fixes, and training.
- Be part of the weekly on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Who You Are
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Communication, scientific discipline or equivalent experience) with 2+ years of experience or Master’s degree
- Form working relationships with subject matter experts to build and support LabWare LIMS
- Experience in working with relational databases (eg: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of 1 year of programming experience using programming language such VB, Windows scripting language, Java, Python
- Experience applying knowledge of laboratory workflow and Quality Control principles preferred.
Desired experience with
- Agriculture, life sciences, bioinformatics, biochemistry, genetics, biology, or a related disciplines
- LabWare (v6/v7/v8) or other available LIMS platforms
- Cloud computing / SOAP / RESTful API use and generation