Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is Project Engineer role will be reporting to Senior Engineering Manager in Process Automation Business Area, based in Peenya, Bangalore, India.
You will be primarily responsible for Providing technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities.
This position reports to
Senior Engineering Manager
- Providing technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities.
- Assisting in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc).
- Supporting Contract Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.). Provides cost effective quality solutions as per customer requirement and delivers within budget and contract.
- Providing support and technical advice to colleagues. Assigns tasks for and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Assisting customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts, contractors, and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables.
- Travelling to customer place for site erection and commissioning activities
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Electronics and/or Electrical or Instrumentation from a reputed university.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in Automation world either through engineering, commissioning, testing of automation systems
- Should have sound knowledge and hands on experience on various field bus protocols (like Profibus, Modbus TCP/Ip, Profinet, IEC, Foundation field bus, etc.)
- Experience in HMI/Application Development and Experience in Application programming using IEC61131 languages.
- Able to communicate effectively, to be flexible and work in a team environment.
- Working experience in Power plants (Thermal / Solar / Hydro / Gas) and Working experience of closed loop control system for Power Plant applications.
- Experience in 800xA, S plus is added advantage and Knowledge of structural and functional architecture of control systems.