The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a R&D Engineer role, reporting to Product Manager in motion division located in Bangalore.
Technical product ownership on product with respect to quality and issue resolution in Medium Voltage Drives in India.
- Should take ownership of the product with respect to all technical issue. Should coordinate with product manager for any known issue and plan for the action to resolve the same. Any failure needs to be analyzed for the reason of failure.
- The detail report should be created for the same. The analysis should be done up to the level of circuit component.
- Work involves direct coordination with global support team for any further analysis.
- Root cause analysis needs to be created for every failure and update the same in the global failure data.
- Need to monitor the failure rate of the owned product, warranty details needs to be checked for understanding the failure. Failure rate of the product needs to be monitored using the warranty data.
- Any major concern should be discussed with team lead and reporting manager. Weekly meeting with service for the failure cases for further investigation.
- Evaluation of the local material supplied by local supplier with global product. This needs to be evaluated against the global guidelines. The testing of the local component and report for the same should be made available.
- Analysis lab should be kept with high safety standard and all equipment calibration and maintenance of the same.
- BE – Electrical and Electronics or electronics and communication or M-tech – Power electronics/ Control system/ Drives.
- Minimum of 3-5 years for BE, 2-3 years with M-Tech.