The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Hitachi Energy
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as R&D Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business-based Bangalore, you will be responsible in providing our customers with products and services that help make them become more competitive while minimizing environmental impact. Our R&D Center in Chennai is focusing on development of innovative technologies in HVDC and is an integral part of global R&D organization.
- Eager to explore white spots of business and technology opportunities
- Able to work in a fuzzy context where different solutions (technical, process, organizational) are being evaluated and discussed, establishing structure as needed
- Sense of responsibility and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Target oriented, pro-active, and self-motivated,
- Communicative, convincing team-player,
- Interpersonal skills and able to work in international team
- Encourages openness & respect, and build trust, confidence & loyalty with customers and partners.
- Self-dependent and structured work, Creative innovation driver with strong ownership
- PHD in Electrical Engineering with focus on Power Electronics (or) M.TECH/M.E with 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge on converter design, control, and modulation
- Knowledge of HVDC, FACTS & Power Semiconductors devices
- Proficiency in simulation tools like PSCAD, MATLAB/Simulink.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to prioritize effectively in a demanding environment
- Proficiency in English, speaking and writing