- Advertisement -
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
- Advertisement -
CommScope is looking to add Technician RF to join our Structures and Connectivity R&D team in Goa. The ideal candidate will be located in Goa
How You’ll Help Us Connect the World
Perform electrical measurements to support production, design engineering teams and NPI requirements.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and measurement calibration of Vector Network Analysers.
- Assembly and test of prototype or production components from engineering drawings
- Perform ‘Trial Build’ of new products and report in-line with corporate procedures
- Raise any IPS ticket design changes or TDA deviation for approval as the need arises
- Analyse measurement data acquired in a scientific manner to assess antenna and component performance.
- Fault finding performance issues of prototype or production parts using various mechanical and electrical techniques (time domain gating, CMM analysis of parts etc)
- Liase with electrical design engineers to receive predicted results, measurement techniques, project requirements and direction.
- Design and maintain computer databases of measurements to enable departmental personnel access to measurement results.
- Design and construct mechanical test fixtures to facilitate and improve electrical measurements.
- Design and procurement of hardware for electrical evaluation sometime against demanding customer deadlines.
- Liaise with internal and external calibration engineers to ensure current calibration on all test equipment.
- Produce technical reports documenting device performance parameters, for distribution within the department and to other CommScope entities.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to improve quality, accuracy, and throughput of measurement data.
- Acquire competitive quotations for the repair and maintenance of specialised test equipment to identify optimum remedial action.
- Attend project meetings to pass on results and specifications to design team.
Judgements and Decisions
- Checking the validity of test measurements and results, liaise with production technicians and electrical engineers to identify problems and decide solutions/actions.
- Using technical judgement over production or prototype performance to generate final specifications, IPS tickets or TDA as required
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Diploma qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- Practical knowledge appropriate to microwave antenna operation.
- Working knowledge of PC based software packages, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Operation of contemporary test equipment such as Vector Network Analysers, Scalar Analyzers and Microwave Receivers.
- High degree of self motivation required to enable technician to work unsupervised for long periods.
- Mechanically competent.