- BE / Diploma (Chemical /Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation)
- 3 or more years of experience in related field, Advanced Process Control, Cement or Mining Process Optimization/Industry, Automation and Controls.
Job Description #1 for 24×7 Product Support Specialist – Advanced Process Control (ECS/ProcessExpert)
You will be part of our 24×7 Remote Support Center Team to remotely monitor, support and improve Advanced Process Control optimization systems in Mining and Cement around the world. They will also be expected to travel to local sites to do the same.
- To ensure timely response to customer issues (Tickets / Incidents) with proper resolution in short timeline.
- Responsible for Domestic and Global Preventive Maintenance visits, Emergency visits & Onsite Training / Commissioning, per-diem visits.
- Responsible for tracking, managing incidents in Remedy & knowledge sharing with team members.
- Responsible for Remote adhoc support, Remote maintenance, Sales leads generation etc.,
- Work in Shifts is must (Incl. Night shifts)
- Passionate to support customers 24×7.
- Knowledge in Advanced Process Control tools like MPC, Neural networks, Fuzzy Logic etc. will be an added advantage.
- Thorough Knowledge of Cement / Mineral process.
- Knowledge in Advanced Cement/Minerals Process Control will be preferred.
- Relevant Site installation and commissioning experience.
- Good Analytical thinking, Systematic working and a high-quality focus.
- Knowledge in MATLAB, Visual Basic, and Simulation Software will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Machine Learning models, python programing skills will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in PLC programming and System level troubleshooting skills will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (since there will be a lot of contact with various customers around the world).
- Very committed and self-motivated.
- Willingness to learn new automation products within short span of time.
Job Description #2 for Application Engineer – Advanced Process Control (ECS/ProcessExpert)
You will be the part of FLSmidth’ s Process Optimization Team that use FLSmidth’ s ECS/ProcessExpert APC toolbox including controlling techniques like Model Predictive Control (MPC), Fuzzy Logic and Soft Sensors to create online applications to improve the customer’s manufacturing processes. This involves extensive travelling, a high level of technical expertise and customer handling skills.
- You will be involved in conducting process analysis to estimate potential of improvement through ECS/ProcessExpert APC Toolbox implementation.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying APC Solution as per identified requirement of various equipment-based process applications.
- Responsible for establishing, identifying, and implementing process control strategies/philosophies as required.
- Establish communication between existing control system and ECS/ProcessExpert APC Toolbox system through OPC (DA/UA) or directly through PLC interfaces.
- Conducting step test and model identification.
- Fine tuning of controllers in MPC/Fuzzy/PID and implementing innovative technical ideas with process knowledge to achieve performance guarantee to increase productivity and decrease fuel and power consumption.
- Provide training to customer and prepare and provide site specific manual to ensure continuous operation of ECS/ProcessExpert APC Toolbox.
- Carry out analytical control measures and analysis to establish improvement in efficiency of plant operation after implementation of ECS/ProcessExpert APC Toolbox and preparing detailed report and case story.
- Maintain professional customer relationship and providing remote support after commissioning to maintain the healthiness of ECS/ProcessExpert APC Toolbox
- Evaluating new developments in advanced process control technology and interacting with development team for improvements in software
- You will cover all aspects of the technical implementation including supporting hardware installation and system integration.
- Your role is predominantly in project execution but you may work across the full project lifecycle, including sales support, solution development, post-implementation monitoring and support.
- Domestic and International site visits for the implementation purposes.
- Some manufacturing experience in the process industries. Knowledge of cement and minerals process will be an added advantage.
- Strong interest in automation, process control and advanced model-predictive applications
- Experience with industrial computing, networking, OPC and ODBC/SQL data communications
- Experience with DCS and/or PLC configuration, especially in the context of integration with external applications
- Exposure to advanced process control implementation.
- Must be willing and able to travel between 50% to 70% of the time. International assignments are likely.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Python, Machine learning algorithms and AI will be an added advantage.
- Should be a team player.