The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
You will be working as Application Engineer and reporting to Application Manager for B&R – ABB’S Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, Machine Automation division based in Pune, India. You will be responsible for all developments carried out at region or shared with national team with successful completion of project, coordinate with customers for timeline, and update progress of each activity with concerned sales and reporting manager. Maintain safety for himself during site visits and report in case of any deviations or specific observations. Responsible for bringing prototype machines into series as quick as possible.
- Understanding of Application & sales process in general (Direct or Indirect), Supporting sales with technical presentations and discussions with the customers to make them aware about advantages of B&R solutions Planning and monitoring application development status for each assigned tasks, Keep the communication channel active with the reporting manager, customer Responsible for activities like “New product / project development” starting from specifications till FAT and SAT, “Incremental modifications” for series machines, Machine breakdown support for debug and diagnose, training of customers
- Escalating the issues, hurdles, critical points considering defined timeline Timely submission of reports by self to reporting manager and Periodic interaction with the customer to ensure smooth workflow Planning for periodic technical upgrades for self after discussions with reporting manager
- Growing indirect sales of B&R’s solutions and services at region Maintaining, and protecting B&R / customer IP, Handlings support calls with the existing customer Providing regular reports, briefings and reviews as required using the agreed
- Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation /Mechatronics Engineering
- Experience preferred 1-2 years of application development and support experience within Indian business environment, preferably in multinational companies
- Well-developed understanding of Industrial Automation systems like PLCs, motors, drives, motion control and robotic systems
- Hands on experience of Installation & Commissioning
- Understanding of Industrial IoT and market requirements, Capacity to establish effective networks in a multicultural setting
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, with the ability to influence at all levels and address key issues with maximum integrity and professionalism