- Advertisement -
Roles and Responsibilities
- Development and series support for EE components for Mercedes Benz cars which fulfil the legal regulations and production demands, the objectives from the project, Carline and module strategy, with regard to function, quality, weight and costs.
- Creation and possibly updating the requirements specification for components, integration of safety requirements; creation of contributions for concept specification and vehicle specification
- Creation, control and maintenance of a schedule (with component and software release versions) taking into consideration process milestones at entire vehicle level in consultation with Purchase, Logistics, Calculation and Quality
- Budget planning for sample deliveries
- Coordination with the E/E system partners with regard to the system parts in the components
- Contact person for components for carline project, delegated, if necessary, to the E/E system partner or other project participants
- To ensure documentation of the progress in development in the RD systems (EPDM, …)
- Assistance in the module strategy and in the module group
- Participation and providing information for concept tests in E/E (design reviews and B sample tests)
- Matching the component package with the overall vehicle design
- Matching relevant data (operating current and quiescent current, follow-up times, complying with standard for on-board power supply, …) with the on-board power supply
- Coordination and support for EMC measurements on the vehicle
- Assistance in complete supplier management (in-house parts and purchased parts, including support for EVS for localized ranges), Particularly:
- E-level: Lead control of (system-, imposed part-) supplier with regard to issues related to development and production process
- Q-level: control of (system-, imposed part-) supplier with regard to development issues
- Coordinating the development process with the supplier
- Handing over the requirements specification to the supplier for every release (DOORS exchange)
- Controlling the development at the supplier
- Creation and coordination of change requests for changes in components
- Monitoring the component-FMEA of the supplier
- Monitoring the test activities at the supplier
- Creating a test concept and test specification for the component
- Coordination of test activities at Daimler for the component test (In some cases perform smoke tests to ensure basic functionality)
- Coordination of defect management for the ECU
- Reports in the carline committees/stakeholders with regard to component-specific topics
- Release of the components (if applicable, with prerequisite of a separate Hardware- and Software-release) in the scope of PPF using sample card and AE, if required.
- Coordination of ECU diagnosis in plant, aftersales, proto-build shop etc
- Generation and release of the ECU-coding (or coordination of the system-coding)
- Provision and management of sample (including delivery of vehicle, board, S-HIL, C-HIL, …)
- Plants logistics: Coordinating ordering for plants after blank-release
- Assistance in the creation and release of a test and commissioning regulation (PIV) for the components
- Has strong automotive domain knowledge – especially in the area of automotive electronics.
- Is self-motivated and able to mentor/guide a team of engineers.
- Has strong inter-personal skills with good communication.
- Has good experience working with global teams and has a good understanding of OEM/Tier-1 development models.
- Has proven ability of problem-solving and also is able to motivate the team towards problem-solving.
- Has a good understanding of the development processes in the automotive OEMs/ Tier-1s.
- Good understanding of Automotive – Body electronics/Powertrain/Safety systems, ECU (Electronic Control Units), SW architecture and ECU functional testing.
- Is able to appreciate and embody core values, integrity and professionalism in day-to-day operations.
- Has worked in the development of ECUs/Electronic components with medium complexity (like Cluster ECU, Seat control ECU, Immobiliser, Keyless Entry).
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.