Job Description Summary
Design and develop power conversion subsystems/components, qualify main disconnect panel (MDP) and UPS from suppliers, deliver cost reduction and quality improvement projects with cross business and cross functional impact for GEHC Xray generation Power platform team.
The global Xray generation power platform team at GE Healthcare delivers power platform components and solutions (PDU, MDP, UPS, SMPS, standard components) to the GEHC imaging businesses.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design to specification, development, prototyping, qualification and verification of high frequency power distribution and energy storage systems as well as low to mid-level voltage AC/AC, AC/DC, DC/AC and DC/DC conversion systems meeting medical standard IEC 60601-1.
- Select circuit breakers & contactors based on imaging system loads for main disconnect panels (MDP) and work with suppliers to develop and qualify MDPs for imaging systems CT, MR, Xray and Interventional.
- UPS selection and qualification for imaging systems.
- Gather requirements to build specifications, develop test plans, execute qualification and verification tests.
- Design release for production and manufacturing transfer meeting schedule, cost, and quality.
- Engaging in hardware lifecycle management, including solutions to obsolescence, verification of design solutions, improvement of manufacturing process, and cost out opportunities.
- Identify and deliver the opportunities for continuous improvement of products and processes impacting core technologies and design excellence.
- Develop FMEA and participate in risk assessment and RCA.
- Contribute in writing product documentation and technical reports
BE/ME/MTech Degree in Electrical & Electronics or Power Electronics Engineering with minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Specialized skill sets for this role include power electronics and mixed signal design.
- Experience in product design, development and testing and addressing failures.
- Familiar with SMPS topologies, device selection, magnetics and thermal design
- Circuit board design (schematic capture), board bring-up (testing, using standard electronic equipment), and system integration.
- Experience in using MATLAB, PSpice, LTSPICE, PLECS or equivalent simulation/modeling tools
- Design for EMC and meeting IEC 60601-1 medical standard.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions /parameters.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Design for Reliability, Manufacturability and Serviceability experience.
- Master’s degree in power related field
Company: General Electric
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.