Roles and Responsibilities
- DCS Engineering of Automation projects
- Study of Specification / Technical inputs. Prepare Compliance to customer observation / comments. Evolve cost effective / optimized solutions.
- Preparation of Technical Design, Engineering Calculations, Project Database configurations and Drawings. Check & Validate design documents & configurations.
- Selection & Ordering of IEDs & Bought-on-Jobs.
- Attend Customer technical meetings for obtaining approvals
- Release of manufacturing instructions and Database configurations.
- Integration of IEDs, perform internal testing, customer FAT, troubleshooting of SAS systems
- Visit site and Provide commissioning support to resolve technical issues and snag lists
- Prepare As-built documentation.
- Share Return of Experience & Knowledge Capitalisation. Implement the same during design phase, as applicable
Time schedule & On Time delivery
- Participate with Team leader / Project Management and finalize submission of deliverables, and commit in terms of man days and in time delivery. Manage design time spent on relevant activities
- Ensure on-time delivery of Quality design deliverables..
- Anticipate and mitigate delivery issues and recommend change
- On weekly basis provide Team lead and /or PM with project reviews.
- Project strategy, risk management, Process & Tools
- Follow project strategy
- Highlight scope or design changes (data for claims, VO)
- Track, manage & mitigate identified or potential deviations / risks
- Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes.
- Deploy Engineering tools as per strategy
- Sourcing & Procurement, Supplier management
- Ensure issuance of technical specifications and basic document to enable procurement of materials.
- Coordinate and review technical offers from suppliers for relevant activity
- Manage technical interface with sub suppliers & partners, prepare input data , check the consistency
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- 2 to 3 years in B.E. / B.Tech (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
- 3 to 5 years in Diploma (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
Power System & Primary Equipment, Protection concepts , Product (Protection IEDs) Knowledge
Substation Automation, Communication Protocols (IEC 61850,Modbus, IEC103, IEC104)
Networking concepts, Communication architecture, Database configuration,
Third party IED integration, Testing, Validation & Commissioning of SAS systems
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Location: Tamil Nadu
Company: General Electric