The Applications Engineer will interface directly with our customers. The role works as part of a team of other Applications Engineers and Account Managers who work closely with Sensata’s global engineering, sales, and other cross-functional disciplines.
- Utilizes knowledge of engineering principles & practices in the design, development, analysis and release of products throughout the product life cycle
- Act as key customer interface with an emphasis on technical problem solving. Support existing customers on new product development projects under development
- Communicate business and technical information between the customer and Sensata
- Develop and maintain an technical understanding of Sensata’s products and competitor product offerings
- Key participant in failure analysis examinations and prepare Failure Analysis Reports of findings
- Ensure projects meet customer requirements and quality standards
- Creates design failure modes and effects analysis
- Perform engineering analyses. Review product specifications and utilize computer aided engineering applications to apply conditions, replicate performance, and evaluate the manufacturability of products
- Help develop and refine ‘standard’ product configurations that capitalize on the company’s strengths and products. Provide onsite technical assistance to the sales team at industry trade shows and customer demonstrations
- Negotiate technical specifications
- Respond to requests for proposals and assist in the preparation of quotations for standard and custom products
- Establish strong relationships with existing customer base at all levels; understand their business strategy and customer applications
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits, microelectronic assembly, statistical methods, process control fundamentals and product test processes
- Familiarity with manufacturing methods – welding, brazing, soldering, adhesive bonding, machining, stamping, molding and forming. Basic knowledge of a core manufacturing processes (Calibration, Final Function Transfer, leak testing, welding/soldering, adhesive and gel dispensing)
- Establish and maintain customer engineering relations
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree)
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- The AE will be Supporting global customers, to ensure customer satisfaction and efficient support.
- The AE will be doing technical documentation to ensure that customers are guided well and efficiently.
- The Application Engineer (AE) will be supporting Customers in India how to applicate Battery Management Systems (BMS) in the most cost-efficient way.
- In the sales process, the AE will also support India salespeople to select the correct technical solutions, that will help the salespeople to win the business.
The candidate we are looking for must be able to familiarize themselves with the customer situation, practice advanced troubleshooting and propose effective solutions.
- Relevant Engineering education within Industrial Engineering, Electronics, Software (ex., BsC or Master in relevant field).
- Experience in technical product support or a related function demonstrating an ability to apply product knowledge to solve market needs (e.g. customer support, professional services)
- Knowledge of power electronics, algorithm/software, or battery technology is an advantage
- Excellent English language skills is a must.
- Knowledge of how to work with ticket systems such as Zendesk is an advantage
We are looking for a person with a creative, positive –will/can/do attitude, a good sense of humor and a very resilient nature.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.