This is a Control Engineer role, reporting to the Engineering Manager in Business Area – Motion located in Bangalore.
- Assuming responsibility for the specification, implementation, and documentation of converter software used in customer applications according to design guidelines and best practices.
- Applying expertise to software design and carry out project-specific adaptations to Codesys-Based (IEC 61131-3) software.
- Configuring control hardware and product firmware to suite project specific adaptations.
- Conducting software tests during converter type-tests in the lab Fine-Tune the software during vehicle commissioning.
- Providing professional support to service department as well as to the customers.
- Supporting troubleshooting activities on installed base.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical or Electrical & Communication Engineering.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Application Development and Commissioning.
- Must have demonstrable expertise in control technology and power electronics.
- Good understanding of electrical installations in rail vehicles (knowledge on Electrical Locomotive/ EMU/ Metro is an advantage).
- Basic knowledge of high-level protocols like CAN open, J1939, Ethernet (TCPIP/UDP/TRDP), MVB is an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken, other languages are an advantage.
- A well-structured approach to problem solving and ability to learn fast.
- Ability to work effectively in close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams across the globe.
- Willingness to perform commissioning tasks at sites (approx. 30% of working hours).
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.