Responsible for the design, develop and implementation of real-time software applications on embedded microcontrollers used in mobile radio communication systems. Includes working with HW engineers, developing software for testing HW modules and the system. Includes developing SW that is compliant with various industry standards. Included generating appropriate design documentation.
Makes decisions independently on software engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization to resolve important questions. Uses ingenuity and creativity to devise new approaches and develop solutions to complex problems without appreciable direction. Contributes to the development of new principles or concepts, new techniques or procedures. Mentors less experienced colleagues. Capable of acting as the technical lead of a portion of a project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing, writing, testing embedded SW applications
- Producing documentation for developed software
- Develop and execute unit test cases and system test cases
- Resolve and support software issues reported from the field.
- Provide team leadership to the local development team
- Participate in the system design of wireless communications systems
Related Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s in the related curriculum such as Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Information Science etc:
BSEE/BSCS along with 4 or more years or MSEE/PhD along with 2 or more years of related experience.
- Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- C/C++ development experience required
- Experience with Linux, both embedded and PC-based
- Experience in working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience using embedded SW development tools
- Experience porting applications between different platforms, operating systems, cross-platform builds.
- Experienced in the use of effective SW design processes.
- Familiar with security-related aspects of SW design.
- Experience using integrating wireless modems into systems for remote access.
- Knowledge of mobile radio communication systems preferred.