If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer- Sustainability in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This Exciting Role Offers Opportunity To
- Understand customer requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
- Support Design-For-Environment activities in PROLaunch environment NPI projects
- Support hydraulics portfolio risk assessment and handle multiple customer product stewardship requests (RoHS, REACH, IMDS, SCIP, CP65 etc.).
- Conducting environment impact assessments (e.g. Screening/detailed LCAs).
- Work with Lead Engineer to prepare guidance for the reduction and elimination of high-impact materials.
- Manage technical aspects of projects including DfE Specifications and implementation
- Champions continuous process improvements to support the Eaton hydraulics business.
- Interact with key customers/stakeholders in understanding current & upcoming sustainability trends and their relevance to our products.
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities
- Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Bio-Tech/Electrical-Electronics engineering with a focus on energy efficiency and eco-design. Alternatively, degree in science (e.g. chemical, environmental, physics etc.)
- Masters with 0-2 years in LCA, eco-design or Sustainability Domain
- ACLCA certified professional or BEE and ISO 14044
- Experience in working with Global LCA network, sustainable/eco-label certification schemes and EPD associations with proven track record in Sustainability Rep
- Advance MS Excel, VBA or good knowledge of programming skills/machine learning tools like Python.
- Exceptionally strong technical knowledge in the field of eco-design/sustainability/product stewardship.
- Knowledge of regional and country product-related eco-design/product stewardship requirements.