Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the proper termination of the cables both in the field side and the control room side as per the cable schedule through continuity checks.
- Checking of the complete loop by feeding the inputs from the field and also the outputs from the
- control room through loop checking.
- Supervise the Instrument Commissioning Technicians in commissioning various field instruments – Cold and Hot Loop Checks.
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the various control schemes in the DCS for BOP and Electrical Systems.
- Powering up DCS Controllers and preparing for IO checks – MK VIe control systems
- Coordinate, communicate, report to DCS Engineering team for any technical issues
- Perform system level function checks, interlock checks and protection checks prior start of each system.
- Startup of all systems
- Coordinate interface with GT / ST Control systems
- Manage overall DCS Controls commissioning.
- Complete Final Commissioning Documentation at the end of Project and
- Provide experience feedback on problems faced.
- The preparation and execution of DCS commissioning, trial run, acceptance testing and inspection/measurements works.
- The technical safety of system within his/her scope/discipline of work from turnover from Installation until hand over to the customer (COD).
- Commissioning is performed in a safe and timely manner in accordance with the contract, budget and time schedule.
- Manage, perform, coordinate and monitor DCS commissioning.
- Organize and supervise the safe operation of the plant (site rules, safety regulations, shift plan, shift log, etc.) from system turnover from erection until PAC by arrangement with the COMM Lead.
- Facilitate the turnover of systems from Installation to commissioning and from commissioning to the customer in accordance with current procedure/work instruction.
- Perform commissioning according to the specifications and engineering documents, taking into account the safety instructions, environmental protection measures and local regulations.
- Execute the additional commissioning tests, as defined by contract and local regulations, which are beyond the regular commissioning scope.
- Execute all witness points of systems as defined by contract, local regulations and project witnessing documentation.
- Ensure that the engineering department is involved in handling technical problems and decisions.
- Ensure commissioning, operation, quality, record and feedback documentation are issued.
- Hand over the collected and collated commissioning, quality and feedback documentation with a document list to the COMM Lead for release.
- Activities related to testing and validation of instrumentation components & controls systems of the equipment in a plant or facility in accordance with the design objectives or specifications for operational use. This includes operational testing and performance tests.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation & Control / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
- DCS commissioning experience > 2 to 5 years with MK VIe Control system
- Strong team player with good communication skills.
- DCS commissioning experience > 2 to 5 years with MK VIe Control system and possessing strong process knowledge of Combined Cycle Power Plant.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Locations: Noida and Dubai