If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a PCB Layout Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Demonstrates the application of basic engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking (Printed circuit board stack up design, Bill of Materials, Component Placement according to design flow for ease of routing)
- Prepares layout, detailed drawings and schematics by using computer assisted engineering design software and ECAD tools.
- Responsible for activity planning, execution and closing of assigned activities.
- Confers with manufacturing, Product teams, Printed circuit board fab vendors, suppliers to develop designs and resolve Design for Manufacturing, Design For Testing, Design For Assembly issues.
- Plans, Organizes, and leads smaller projects.
- Ensure all Printed Circuit Board design processes and review processes are well understood and followed in every design.
- Effectively prioritizes and acts with speed and focus.
- Identifies competencies and personnel needed to complete tasks.
- Performs typically as an individual contributor within team.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements in Printed Circuit Board Design
- Process/ Design Cycle time/DPMO and contribute on process improvements.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholder to define acceptable quality levels based on IPC standards of Printed circuit board design, and continuously manages the expectations of stakeholders.
- Consistently achieves results, even under adverse circumstances like minor changes in Schematics and /or Placement. In case of major changes in scope, communicates schedule impact effectively and openly.
- Makes and keeps commitments of deliverables release dates by holding self and others accountable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electrical Engineering.
- Total relevant work experience: 5+ years.
- Hands-on experience in Altium (Must) / Allegro (Capture, PCB editor) / CADSTAR / PADs or equivalent Layout and Capture tool.
- Sound knowledge of electrical & electronic components – Surface Mount & through Hole.
- Hands-on experience in creation of footprints and sound knowledge of IPC Standards like IPC2221A, IPC-SM-782 and IPC 7351, UL and MIL standards, PCB library management, Prepare schematics, performs layout design.
- Awareness of CIS / CIP database, thermal management, Enclosure designs.
- Experience with PCB manufacturing process (Design for Manufacturing, assembly and testing) and validation of Gerbers using CAM350.
- Good knowledge of PCB design guidelines for EMI / EMC aspects, some exposure on hardware testing
- Hands on experience with high speed board designs, Signal Integrity & Power Integrity analysis using Ansys or equivalent tool.
- Automotive domain knowledge for High power Layout designs.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.