This is a Project Engineer role, reporting to the Engineering Manager in Business Area – India Operations Centre, Process Automation (INOPC PA) based in Bangalore, India. You will be responsible to design and execute DCS engineering activities in service projects with low to medium complexity, according to standard work instructions, quality standards and safety guidelines.
- Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments. Providing technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities. Preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Assisting in preparing proposal or presentation of engineering projects or programs provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.
- Supporting contract managers in issuing claims to provide quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract. Ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Creating work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Assisting customers on technical issues, interacting with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his or her scope of deliverables. Assisting communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- BE/B tech in Instrumentation or Electronics & communication.
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands on experience in process or safety system especially in the field of oil & gas or refineries or petrochemicals.
- Should have experience on retrofits, upgrades, service and commissioning which will be added advantage.
- Good Knowledge on advanced process or fire & gas protection systems or emergency shutdown systems.
- Knowledge on IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 and NORSOK standards.
- Experience in ABB systems like Master Piece, SG400, Advant, AC800M, Melody, AC500 is preferred.