This is a Project Engineer – Hardware Design role, reporting to Engineering Manager in Process Automation- Energy Industries Business Area, based out of Bangalore; India location. You will be primarily responsible for providing best fit technical solutions for customer needs and strive towards making ABB most competitive in the market. Complete assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirement.
- Reviewing of technical specification of DCS cabinets and designing the cabinets to meet the customer specification.
- Designing the best fit technical solution against customer specifications. Determining most technical appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- Working with internal and external panel shops performing cabinet fabrication and testing.
- Coordinating with customers and cabinet integrators (Vendors) and estimation of hardware Cabinets etc.
- Attending kick-off meeting with stake holders and understands the scope clarification.
- Working on preparation of deliverables – system architecture, bill of materials, general arrangement drawings, schematic etc.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs.
- Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical / Electronics.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Automation Proposals (DCS/ ESD/ FGS) for process industries in any one of the domains like Oil & Gas/ Refineries/ Petrochemicals.
- 3 years of experience in Front End Engineering Design (FEED), detailed design, implementation, testing, installation, commissioning.
- Good knowledge in review of RFQ, understanding the scope, preparation of Cabinet drawings (GA/IGA/Schematic/BOM).
- Ability to determine most technical appropriate and cost-effective solutions during proposal.
- Experience in usage of tools and processes like AutoCAD, MicroStation, Eplan and Ebase.
- Good knowledge on ABB systems (System 800xA / Symphony Plus) will be an added advantage.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.