You will be responsible for Testing & Commissioning of CRP and SAS of EHV substations (above 132kV Voltage level) at various customer sites. Ensuring that the Projects delivered by Hitachi ABB are tested, commissioned and put in to service on time, meeting highest Hitachi ABB quality and OHS standards.
- As a commissioning engineer, carrying out the testing & Commissioning of Control and relay panels, Substation automation system delivered in various locations within and outside India and actively contribute in the Zonal Service Management team of Grid Automation Systems.
- Executing the project commissioning safely following all safety standards of Hitachi ABB as well as customer. Reports Hazards, Near Misses at working location back to office for records and further improvement.
- Ensuring that customer relations are managed in an optimal way.
- Carryout the commissioning as per the documented process description and checklists.
- Continuous interactions with Zonal service manager and expert helpline to carry out the site works effectively. Clearing MOM to be signed off with customer before leaving the site.
- Reporting the Site progress & Site plan to Zonal Service Manager. Ensure efficient use of the commissioning assets like Test kits, Tools, Ferule machines etc.
- Ensuring project information of any project is fully taken from zonal service manager and get fully ready for the project specific site activities before leaving to site.
- Handing over the marked-up drawings to engineering for preparing the As-build drawing and onward submission to customer to close the project.
- Handing over the final site backup CD’s, MicroSCADA system backup, IET workplace backup and other backup as per the checklist to ZSM.
- Actively and regularly (Compulsory for every project) provides feedback to Testing, Project Management, Engineering and Sales in way that ensures re-usage of experience.
- Follow the key process like Time sheets, compulsory entry of sale order number in TI and return with clear MOM as per standard format.
- Generating the leads for service business like spares, Retrofit and AMC during commissioning and handover the cases to Service marketing managers for further actions.
- Close interactions with ZSM and expert helpline to resolve the product related issues without jeopardising the customer relation.
- Ensuring the installed base numerical relays are maintained with minimum revisions by continuosly updating the older revisions.
- Ensuring the usage of the latest tools and latest software versions during commissioning.
- Ensuring the critical documents like Credit card, Passport, Health card, Identity card etc are always carried alongwith during the tour.
- Continous learning & acquiring expertise in various protection schemes and Automation system to achieve the higher growth in ‘learning curve’.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A graduate in Electrical and Electronics engineering.
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in testing and commissioning of control and relay panels in projects above 132kV Voltage levels.
- Should have good knowledge on Power system.
- Should have hands on experience with 3 Phase injection test kits like Omicron, Doble, Megger, Ponova etc…
- Should have good knowledge on understanding the schematics of control and relay Panels, primary equipment interlocks.
- Should be ready for frequent travels all over India and overseas wherever assigned for at least next 5 years.
Company: Hitachi ABB