Job Description Summary
The role will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. You will be part of a team that defines the hardware, system configuration and network technical requirements of an HVDC control system as part of a project delivery team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the configuration of IEC61850 IED’s via vendor specific tools and System Configuration Tools for complete system integration.
- Lead the generation of Substation Configuration description Language (SCL) files for system integration.
- Knowledge of interlocking principles used in substation automation systems and their implementation on IEC61850 IED’s.
- Lead the design, configuration and testing required to deliver on time and within defined budgets the HVDC Control System hardware.
- Lead the testing and debugging of complex IEC61850 communication systems using industry standard tools such as IEDSCout, Wireshark etc.
- Coordinate and interface the HVDC Control System with Balance of Plant equipment and SCADA systems:
- Define the main IO Lists of the control system
- Analyze signal interfaces and ensure compatibility with the control system
- Lead in collaboration with NPI teams, the configuration of Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Bay Controllers (BCU) and Merging Units for signal acquisition in digital substation environments.
- Lead the design of LAN networks/Communication Architectures and configuration of industrial ethernet switches/routers and satellite clocks
- Follow the departments standard design practices, engineering reviews and guidelines.
- Define Control Panel requirements and produce detailed design documentation for the control system using standard design blocks under the guidance of lead engineers. This may include
- Panel Electrical Schematics (using Engineering Base tool)
- Wire/Cable Schedules
- Routine Test specification
- General Assembly drawings
- Bill of Materials
- Oversee the testing and FAT witnessing of the Control System.
- Prepare and present technical information for Substation Control Systems to internal and external customers.
- Assist site activities relevant to the installation and commissioning of the control system.
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.