The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Job Description Summary
The role will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. You will be part of a team that defines the hardware, system configuration and network technical requirements of an HVDC control system as part of a project delivery team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the configuration of IEC61850 IED’s via vendor specific tools and System Configuration Tools for complete system integration.
- Lead the generation of Substation Configuration description Language (SCL) files for system integration.
- Knowledge of interlocking principles used in substation automation systems and their implementation on IEC61850 IED’s.
- Lead the design, configuration and testing required to deliver on time and within defined budgets the HVDC Control System hardware.
- Lead the testing and debugging of complex IEC61850 communication systems using industry standard tools such as IEDSCout, Wireshark etc.
- Coordinate and interface the HVDC Control System with Balance of Plant equipment and SCADA systems:
- Define the main IO Lists of the control system
- Analyze signal interfaces and ensure compatibility with the control system
- Lead in collaboration with NPI teams, the configuration of Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Bay Controllers (BCU) and Merging Units for signal acquisition in digital substation environments.
- Lead the design of LAN networks/Communication Architectures and configuration of industrial ethernet switches/routers and satellite clocks
- Follow the departments standard design practices, engineering reviews and guidelines.
- Define Control Panel requirements and produce detailed design documentation for the control system using standard design blocks under the guidance of lead engineers. This may include
- Panel Electrical Schematics (using Engineering Base tool)
- Wire/Cable Schedules
- Routine Test specification
- General Assembly drawings
- Bill of Materials
- Oversee the testing and FAT witnessing of the Control System.
- Prepare and present technical information for Substation Control Systems to internal and external customers.
- Assist site activities relevant to the installation and commissioning of the control system.
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical engineering or related field.
- Strong background in configuring Substation Bay Controllers/Merging Units/ IEC61850 IED’s
- Experience in Control Panel design (preferably as used in substation/power plant environments)
- Strong background in Distributed Control Systems / Substation Automation
- Experience in working with engineering tools such as AutoCAD, e-base, Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks such as Profibus and Ethernet based protocols.
- Understanding of fibre optic cabling systems
- Understanding of LV cable sizing and distribution
- Control & Protection Relay logics Design techniques
- Experienced in developing electrical designs for industrial control systems.