Company: Western Digital
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
We are looking for an energetic and creative individual focused on providing system solution using NAND Flash memory serving the OptiNAND line of product portfolio part of HDD. Join us and be part of the team to define and to shape the future of Nand Sub System Device Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Well versed with NAND ONFI specification and to come with system solution and validation strategy.
- Perform NAND Flash memory based storage systems design, analysis, integration and validation from product definition and planning through development, production and release
- Responsible for driving requirements and characterization of NAND Flash
- Drive cross functional interlocks with NAND, firmware and product line teams
- Provides feedbacks on new NAND System features for next generation of product line
- Bachelor degree from Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science/ Solid-State Physics preferred with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Work experience on NAND storage domain, embedded system design and development
- Knowledge of Semiconductor physics and Computer Architecture is a plus
- Knowledge of programming in high-level languages (e.g. C, C++, Python) is a plus.
- Knowledge of flash media management techniques is a plus
- Experience in bus logic capture and analysis is a plus
- Experience in NAND reliability and testing is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong team player who can collaborate with colleagues