The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is to advance a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact on our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
R&D Engineer- Power System will be part of Hitachi Energy business-based Bangalore, you will be working in the research and development department, which is responsible for the productization of control and automation logic relevant to Renewable, Microgrid, and Energy Storage automation product families within the PGGA – Grid edge solutions team.
- Design, implementation, validation, and testing of power system relevant control strategies.
- Supporting complete R&D project life cycle, from design to testing.
- Knowledge and usage of Power System and Control System modeling and simulation tools (Matlab Simulink, DIgSILENT, PSS-E, PSCAD.).
- Supporting the implementation of the logic on Hitachi Energy automation platforms (controllers and PLC) using platform-specific languages (IEC 61131)
- Supporting rollout of the automation solution globally, including room training and training on the job on real projects.
- Master’s degree, preferred in Electrical Engineering, with a focus on the Power System domain.
- More than 5 years of experience in the area of digital control applied to Power Systems.
- Knowledge of Matlab Simulink
- Eager to apply simulated and validated concepts on a real automation platform.
- Knowledge of Microgrid systems, battery storage, and renewable generation is required;
- Knowledge of power systems, LV, MV, and HV electrical equipment, switchgear, generation equipment, and Knowledge of components such as RTUs, power meters, and PLCs.
- Knowledge of Hardware in the Loop platforms (Typhoon) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps and experience working in an agile environment is a plus.
- Some experience with scripting or python experience can be beneficial.
- Solid presentation skills and fluency in English, both written and spoken. High awareness of quality, process, and tools in related areas.
- Proactivity, flexibility, good communication, interpersonal and team working skills