Company: Schneider Electric
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
We are looking for a control firmware engineer with 5 to 8 years of experience in embedded power control firmware development with expertise inControl Engineering and Power Electronics, for the application of Grid-tied Solar Inverter and Li-ion based Storage solutions.
- Architecting embedded control strategy, formulating specifications and implementation control firmware for Inverters
- Participating and leading the specification, design reviews and executing unit tests
- Proves design concepts through a combination of computer simulation and physical laboratory implementation/testing.
- Develops automated test cases for Hardware-In-Loop testing
- Develops engineering models and test plans to verify electrical, environmental, and functional compliance of the design to its specification
- Remains abreast of the latest technology in Digital control/Controllers
- 5+ years proven experience developing Power Electronics products
Knowledge and Skills (PFC, Chargers, DC/DC and inverter etc..):
- Programming experience in Assembly/C/C++ for 32 bit controllers/DSP’s
- Programming experience in RTOS environments like UC OS-II or other platforms
- Experience in developing control systems for Power inverters/Converters.
- Knowledge in Control system design/ Modeling/simulation in Matlab/ Simulink or other similar tools Writing lean code for real time interrupt driven applications.
- Proficient in understanding the schematics and debugging hardware issues
- Knowledge in Python scripting language is preferable
- Understanding on Safety regulatory requirements in power converters for use with PV modules,
Grid-tie inverter systems is preferable.
- Experience is FPGA programming and Simulation techniques is preferable.