Job Description Summary
Within our Substation Automation R&D organization, the role of the System Test Engineer is to execute the validation plan for the different software versions received for tests and ensure on time delivery with high-quality standards. The role also includes partnering cross-project with Project Managers, Technical Leads etc. to define the test strategy, drive implementation and provide regular updates.
- Working closely with the Technical Lead in order to understand the specification and support the prepare the test strategy to have a full test coverage (traceability matrix).
- Preparation of Test Plan, Test Case list ensuring a good test-coverage.
- Execution of tests as per the test case.
- Identify the bugs and coordinate with Subsystem teams for resolution.
- Provide local/remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers.
provide local/remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Reviewing detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Work with Customer Support personnel to resolve customer issues
- Promote test automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in ECE or EEE, with a minimum of 4 years of professional experience
- Hands on experience in creating test strategy, validating and testing of substation automation products and solutions
- Knowledge of serial SCADA protocols (e.g. DNP3, IEC 60870-5-101, 103, Modbus)
- Knowledge of LAN-based SCADA protocols (e.g. IEC 61850-8-1, DNP3/TCP, IEC 60870-5-104, Modbus TCP)
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change and modification of tasks, display initiative
- Able to share ideas and work well in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of DSAgile Software
- Good analytical skills with ability to identify and explain critical issues.
- Strong operational effectiveness & Accountability