At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee well-being.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Test and Evaluation team is currently looking for an Associate Calibration Engineer to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems.
- Hands-on experience in usage of Measurement and Test Equipment used in Aerospace Industry
- Proficient in performing calibration and certificate generation meeting AS 9100 standard requirements (Electrotechnical, Thermal, Dimensional and Optical)
- Ability to participate and perform Inter-laboratory comparison and Proficiency testing
- Analyze the performance specifications of measurement and test instruments, suggest the right instruments to use for any application, liaison with Business Partners for instrument selection
- Identify and create measurement approaches
- Support in selection, purchase, installation, operation and maintenance of instruments in the lab
- Manage the test equipment throughout its product lifecycle. Manage timely calibration of the equipment
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and Boeing suppliers to meet Quality and Delivery targets
- Develop and maintain relationships / partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 1 to 4 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 year’s related work experience, etc.).
- Candidate should have familiarity with varying parameters of Test Equipment. Completely understand and apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts to identify lowest cost options to meet measurement requirements
- Candidate should be proficient in understanding the equipment technical data and should be able to categories them accordingly
- Prior experience in metrology specifically in performing test system analysis; identify efficient and effective methods to integrate components; equipment life-cycle modeling; equipment optimization; inventory review and inventory risk management
- Candidate should have experience to comprehend test requirements and identify alternative approaches to perform measurement
- Good knowledge on various types of measurement and test equipment is a must (dimensional, electrical, electronic, thermal, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work with a global teams, at flexible hours
- Self-motivated and go-getter attitude
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with team members across different cultures and time-zones
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, in the field of Instrumentation, Electrical or Electronics.
- Awareness of AS9100 or ISO9001 quality management system and ISO 17025 standard.
- Work Experience in Aerospace / Manufacturing Industry
Typical Education & Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 1 to 4 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.