At Eaton India Innovation Center, Center for Secure Cyber-physical Systems is currently seeking a Specialist Architect to join our team! This position is based at our office in Magarpatta City, Pune.
As the role of Engg for edge (embedded – Linux) platform technologies in our center in India, you will work in domain of Linux – Yocto, EdgeX systems and will be part of diverse team of talented embedded software developers, test, Scrum Masters, DevOps engineers, and more. You will work with Product Owner to set your priorities, ensuring the achievement of deliverables and other milestones, collaborate with other engineering and product teams in the company, establish a technical growth path and improve the way we deliver value to our customers. Your contribution to group will be part of a global organization focused on providing reusable technology platforms and services to Eaton product teams.
You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tasks while adapting quickly to changing priorities. You thrive in a growth-oriented organization.
You are passionate empathetic to customer needs, growing people and the organization. Setting your team and peers up for success through collaboration and feedback is paramount.
Someone who is Passionate, who understands and inculcate Ethical values with Transparency. He/She is a quick Learner to upcoming technical domains and believes in leading the team from front. He/She is Efficient and takes Accountability to assigned charter which fits in to overall Goals of Embedded domain which comprise of embedded software, connectivity, industrial networking and Internet of things (IoT) technologies and solutions.
- Contribute to the software development efforts through the design and implementation of world class, high-performance platform firmware based on Linux or RTOS
- Defines a structured software solution that meets the technical requirements and interfaces while optimizing performance, security & reusability.
- Translates requested business features into technical requirements and acceptance criteria used to direct development team and determine implementation completion
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
- Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
- Author high-quality unit-tested code and provide software re-use opportunities.
- Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage with defined Software quality metrics.
Education level required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Preferred – Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution.
Years and area of experience required:
- 2+ years of extensive experience in embedded C, C++ programming, Python, data structures on embedded system.
- Industrial Ethernet protocols like EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profinet, BACnet IP, 61850 and or device level field bus technologies -Modbus, Device Net, Profibus DP, BACNet, REST is preferred. will be a plus). Good knowledge on Linux (Driver, Kernel) and any RTOS preferrably Zephyr.
- Ability to resolve issues that impact deadlines; moving rapidly to meet the demands of a fast-growing company.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated record of developing initiatives that impact productivity.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with experience working in ambiguity.
- Problem Solving – uses digital technology and processes to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.