The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Scope of Responsibilities
Work as a Systems Engineer part of Global System Engineering Support Center to support Global Customer Projects & Bid Activity.
Dimension & Scope
- This role supports the Customer Projects and Bid Activity focused on Ciena’s solutions. Key contributing member of the Ciena’s Global System Engineering Support center.
- Working with regional Sales and System Engineering teams, the candidate will participate in developing and maintaining the support tools to enable Ciena to deliver better solutions to our customers within a lesser turnaround time. The role is also responsible for working with various solution providers to optimize the solutions for field application.
- Must be able to understand customer requirements, RFP technical specs, and the process of responding to RFPs including creating a list of feature gaps. Desirable to have experience of customer presentations, and an understanding of customer networks and services.
The role supports the launch and management of internal tools that are used by Sales Engineers across the globe to respond to Customer RFx and to collect any feature gaps. Day-to-day work will include User Administration, User Training & Support, Content Management, Reporting and Dashboarding, Coordination with Vendor SMEs, Bringing together internal requirements and crafting ROADMAP for the Development of these tools, and management of ROADMAP requests with the Vendor..
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support launch of tools for sales engineering teams
- Manage and coordinate tools
- Keeping data up to date
- Supporting Sales Engineers on queries and concerns
- RFP Support
- Self-sufficient to work on various RFx objectives such as Link Engineered Design, BOQ,
- Product SOC responses and Technical Solution Documents/Presentations.
- Collect the trends in solutions and technology and share relevant insights with PLM and SE leadership teams.
- Customer Presentations: Presenting solutions to the customers and answer relevant questions.
- Business travel is required, the quantum will be very low to low.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent
- 2+(P1) years of experience in telecommunications industry with a particular focus on System/Sales Engineering operations.
- Technical knowledge in fiber optics transmission systems (especially SDH, DWDM), telecommunication networks and network management, service layers support and management.
- Working knowledge or at a minimum exposure to Design tools used for Network design planning and Link Engineering.
- Strong PC skills including general knowledge of applications programs such as MS Office – particularly excel.
- Deadline driven and willing to work outside normal hours to complete tasks.
- Ability to understand customer needs and use technical expertise to develop customer solutions.
- Ability to work in matrix organization
- Outstanding team player
- Good interpersonal skills , creativity and high energy.
- Must have excellent written and presentation skills
- Must also have strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.