- Advertisement -
Builds, troubleshoots and maintains test and equipment for dedicated workcell.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates production test equipment. Monitors and performs calibration of test equipment and testers.
- Diagnoses and repairs failed circuit boards using a variety of diagnostic tools including visual inspection.
- Enters information into a computerized tracking system.
- Collects data and interprets board failures.
- Trains lower level technicians
- Troubleshoots testers, performs tester repairs and maintains test equipment as needed. Changes test fixtures and program changeovers as required by the workcell. Escalates test failure issues to higher- level technicians and manufacturing.
- Diagnoses and repairs failed circuit boards using a variety of diagnostic tools, including visual inspection, oscilloscope, computer terminals, and diagnostic software. Informs the manufacturing supervisors, engineers, and other technicians of failure issues.
- Performs preventative maintenance on and calibration of test equipment and testers. Maintains calibration logs. Assists with the test failure measurement evaluation and analysis process.
- Trains and assists lower- level technicians and test operators. Drives continuous improvement on test yields, work in progress (WIP), test coverage and no problem found (NPF) reductions.
- Gathers, interprets and enters failure data information into computerized tracking system and prepares reports.
- Studies schematics and diagnostic guides to determine the proper functioning of circuit boards/components. Identifies circuit board/component failures and communicates findings to higher level technicians.
- Ensures an adequate supply of testing equipment and parts are available in inventory.
- Operates production test equipment.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Qualifications Knowledge Requirements
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.