The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: General Electric Power
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Semiconductor design and engineering; designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. They determines design approaches and parameters; analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests & evaluate results. Common skill sets include Analog, Digital, Mixed Signal, HMOS/MOS/CMOS, PLL, ADC, DAC etc.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires basic experience in the Engineering/Technology & Electronic Hardware. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Note:To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.