We are currently looking to add embedded software developers for the Embedded Software Solutions (ESS) group within the FPGA Business Unit (BU) at Hyderabad India.
The FPGAs and SoC FPGAs designed by the FPGA BU meet high-bandwidth connectivity and high-data throughput needs in applications such as Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, Communications IoT Infrastructure, Industrial Controls and Automation, Spacecraft, Commercial Aircraft, and Defense Equipment.
As part of the ESS Group, you will be involved in defining, implementing, and enhancing Software of the RISC-V based SoC software Ecosystem. This position gives you an opportunity to work on various embedded software systems for safety critical applications as well as the systems targeted towards IoT, consumer and industrial applications.
- Work as part of device drivers and boot software team for Microchip’s PolarFire SoC FPGA family and other FPGA families.
- As part of Embedded ecosystem, work on various OS/RTOS build systems, BSPs and up-streaming activities.
- Work on low-level device driver, analyze hardware-software interactions, triage complex issues to narrow down the problem area.
- Drive test-driven development by implementing and enhancing test specs, test code.
- Resolve customer issues in the delivered software and in-turn provide feedback and new ideas for the ecosystem enhancement.
- Work with global teams across timezones on cross-functional tasks
- Take part in documentation, code reviews and specification reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronics.
- 4 to 8 years of working experience in embedded Linux software development and/or bare metal embedded or RTOS based software development within industry, or relevant technical field.
- Applications will be accepted from candidates who may not meet the educational requirements but have equivalent industry experience as demonstrated on their cv.
- Strong C-programming skills and product development experience.
- Protocols – Ethernet, PCIe, USB, QSPI, I2C etc.
- Bootloaders, BSPs. Familiarity with Assembly instructions.
- Familiarity with benchmarking softwares such as CoreMark, FPMark etc.
- Knowledge in at least one scripting languages: Python, Linux shells, TCL
- Must possess strong debugging skills and the ability to approach problems systematically.
- Familiarity with Git, CI/CD systems
- Must be able to interpret specification and standard documents well.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent debugging skills and proven experience of working with multiple teams to resolve cross functional issues.
- Experience with RISC-V processors and/or FPGAs.
- Experience with safety critical systems and software standard such as ASPICE.