Company: GE Renewable Energy
Job Description Summary
FACTS PDG part of Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, delivers high power (>100MVAr) Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) as Static Synchronous Compensators (STATCOM) and Static Var Compensators (SVC), Fixed Series Capacitors (FSC) and Synchronous Condensers (SC) systems. These FACTS devices are used to control power system voltage and reactive power flow, also typically used to improve the integration of renewables to the power system making the future power system more sustainable, well as to improve the power system stability and transmission system efficiency. FACTS technology is at the heart of electrifying tomorrow’s energy.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission Systems) electrical engineer with a strong background in control software, simulation. Work involves performing control system design targeting to implement control features complying with highly demanding customer specifications. In addition, you get to see the work put into action, first in real time testing in laboratory and then in the commissioning of the compensator at the actual site. The work may also include taking part in R&D activities on your areas of expertise
In this position, you will be mainly involved in design and engineering of SVC and STATCOM solutions in close coordination with various engineering team globally. As a key member of team, you will be responsible for designing of Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) solution for global projects & tenders
Role & Responsibility
- Defining control system requirements for the software architecture, development, and verification
- Performing PSSE/PSCAD and PSSE/RSCAD Power system network conversion, modelling, and verification, Prepare RSCAD model and perform study on Real Time Digital Simulator (RTDS) model FACTS project
- Plant modelling in various simulation tools (MATLAB, RSCAD, PSCAD etc) and its verification, dynamic performance studies using both offline and online simulation tools
- Protection coordination design and validation, control, protection, and sequencing strategy specifications, parameters tuning to meet grid stability criteria specified in customer technical specifications.
- Technical leadership during FST and FAT programs to ensure proper verification and validation of control and protection system performance against requirements, support to validation team for analysis of results during Factory performance test (FPT), factory acceptance test (FAT) on Real Time Digital Simulators (RTDS)
- Execute control and protection testing and system energizing, troubleshooting of site issue related to control software in coordination with commissioning team
- Research and development in the field of FACTS control system design
- M.TECH/M.E (or higher) in Electrical/ Power Electronics/Power Systems/ control system with relevant advance experience.
- Knowledge and experience on some of simulation tools for electric systems such as EMTDC / PSCAD, PSS/E, RTDS, MATLAB/Simulink.
- Specialized knowledge in Electrical Power Engineering with good understanding of compensation systems, power electronics and understanding of control theory behind HV/EHV grid connected devices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be flexible with working hours and willing to travel to support projects globally.
- Experience in modelling of converters for FACTS/HVDC/ drives is considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of RTDS/RSCAD will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of waveform and fault analysis.
- Ability to take leading role in project and willingness to work in groups as well as individually
- Experience in international projects with working exposure of international standards as IEC, IEEE etc.
- Flexible working environment with base location in Noida, India.
- Opportunities to work with innovative technology on global project along with truly global team
- Great learning opportunity by GE well designed learning platforms.
- Competitive compensation based on qualification and experience.