Purpose of the Job
Execute design activities in the design cycle of a project from the Preliminary Design phase through the Detailed design and Deployment phase.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Perform detailed designs and application design in deployment phase.
- Deliver the designs by achieving the agreed QCD target duly ensuring robust design and implementations as per customer requirements.
- Able to follow technical direction on assigned project(s)
- Understanding and adapting of ALSTOM rules and processes
- Adhering to technical processes and project engineering V Cycle
- Delivers on time with agreed level of quality
- Develops solutions to complex problems requiring innovation and creativity.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- BE/BTech in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in rail signalling/locomotive domain.
- Experience in product engineering to meet customer’s operational, performance and functional requirements.
- Ability to analyse functionality of existing electrical circuitry.
- Strong knowledge on various network protocols.
- Knowledge of system engineering lifecycle and related concepts.
- Preferably worked on any of the following systems in design roles: ERTMS / CBTC / Fixed Block ATC Systems, Interlocking, PTC.
- Knowledge of V Cycle and processes related to project engineering in a safety critical domain.
- Strong problem solving / solution finding capability at systems level.
- Good analytical skills.
- Aptitude to propose design decisions and translate it into working functionalities.
- Aptitude to think in an integrative manner to identify and solve potential problems in deployment phase.
- Flexible and resilience to work on multiple projects at a time
- Team orientation
- Effective communication, Stakeholder Management