- Advertisement -
Company: General Electric
As a Power Electronics Engineer
- Demonstrate strong technical capability in solving technical issues in solar Inverter
- Defining the customer requirements, working with product team in understanding the product capabilities and fulfilling the customer expectations in the region. Lead the project engineering and make technical decisions, guiding and development of capabilities and teams.
- Lead and drive culture of quality and technological refinement to existing designs.
- Ability to work on device characterization, double pulse testing, MATLAB simulation modeling.
- Understanding the Inverter product specifications and customize for project requirements.
- Thorough knowledge in IGBT/MOSFET devices operating principles, Eon/Eoff loss calculations
- Interact with BOP system, sub-systems, component teams to define and document system requirements and interfaces.
- Capable of troubleshooting the issues in the product.
- Develop technical experience among the team to be faster in customer response.
- Participate in testing to validate the product as required.
- Lead project reviews; make presentation and status reports to Senior Management.
- Must be willing to work on new product development and system component design.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Work with cross-functional & global teams to meet project objectives
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Engineering in similar/relevant field.
- Hands on experience with the design and development of control algorithms in a relevant field.
- Good working knowledge on usage of MATLAB Simulink or similar tools.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal, communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Process focus and continuous improvement orientation.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Inverter or similar domains
- Have a strong understanding of the power electronics converter and inverter designs.
- The ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Being innovative, need to find new ways to improve the designs and sometimes challenge current ways of working
- Strong problem solving, business and analytical abilities
- Experience in working in cross-functional environment.
- Having working level knowledge of Solar, renewables.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills