Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people’s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as an Embedded Software Engineer at Signify is dynamic. You will be working on latest Firmware technologies with IoT platforms. We are greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will be responsible for understanding the product requirements, design, development and test Firmware for Lighting Products.
You’ll be part of the Signify Connected Systems and its responsibilities are building IOT based Smart Lighting products, so Problem Solving, Taking ownership, Accountability, Drive for results must be in your DNA.
What You’ll Do
- Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical Lighting products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and can articulate product and software design. Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
- Participate in solution and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science/Electronics from an accredited institution
- Relevant Experience of 1 to 3 years
- Experience in C++ Language programming for Linux based SBC
- Proficiency in C++11, STL and templates
- Experience with TDD, CppUnit, Googletest experimentation is preferable
- Experience with Atlassian software Confluence, JIRA and Bamboo is preferable