An infrastructure engineer is an individual who designs, builds, coordinates, and maintains the IT environment companies need to run internal operations, collect data, develop and launch digital products and achieve other business objectives. The Infrastructure Engineer will join the customer support team to provide infrastructure support for state-of-the-art healthcare applications.
About The Role
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Perform daily infrastructure checks and resolve day-to-day operational issues.
- Ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes
- Provide OS support (Linux and Windows) on VMware and Azure infrastructure
- Provide support within the various Paas/Iaas components of the cloud frameworks, including OS, network, access, security and storage
- Managing patching and package management, users and permissions. Disks, LVM and filesystems, OS-level networking
- Perform application and BAU infrastructure changes
- Deliver local infrastructure projects: builds, installations and configuration to best practice
- Troubleshoot system and applications issues
- Maintain documents, procedures and technical guides
- Participate in Change, Incident and Problem management
- Managing incidents and problems on a daily basis to minimize downtime on customer activities
- Work with technical and business units across the organization as part of incident and change management
- Ensure regular / recurring tasks and activities are managed efficiently and within defined time constraints
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Electronics, or another relevant field
- 2-4 years of experience working as system administrator or infrastructure engineer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Basic or intermediate knowledge and system administration skills on Windows and/or Linux
- Basic or intermediate understanding of network technologies and protocols
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new cloud technologies and translate traditional and other cloud-related experience
- Job requires flexibility to provide 24×7 on call client support on rotational basis