The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: General Electric
Job Description Summary
This role is pivotal in driving savings and efficiencies through Component Engineering activities. The role supports GE HealthCare Global Sourcing / Engineering Leaders & their teams.
GE HealthCare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our purpose is to create a world where healthcare has no limits. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Good understanding on Electrical/Electronic components, applications & types. Need to manage Component Engineering activities independently
- Monitor, identify and resolve all lifecycle issues and assist various teams to identify appropriate resources and substitutes for components
- Provide support to all designers to perform component research and participate in component life cycle and evaluate all components
- Lead Cost reduction ideas with Cross Functional team and drive productivity
- Support Redesign electronic circuits in order to reduce the product cost
- Suggestion of Form Fit Functional alternates for Risk / Sole source components.
- Identify Electrical, Electromechanical and Electronics components alternate/replacement.
- Analyze and develop solutions to resolve all issues associate with obsolete components and supplies and perform component level tests and perform various experiments on components.
- Review and interpret all component data sheets and evaluate all components for various product applications.
- Manage all communication with manufacturers and distributors on all supply components and evaluate all results effectively.
- Coordinate with engineering staff to evaluate and resolve all manufacturing issues for various products and document all procedures according to company standards.
- Provide support to all designers to perform component research and participate in component life cycle and evaluate all components.
- Own sourcing specific ERPs, processes and tools. Review and improve processes. Work on special initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering with 3+ years of experience in the Sourcing & Sourcing Initiatives.
- Expert knowledge in Electronic component parameters and it’s significant impact on product performance.
- Experience in Form Fit Function, Obsolescence Management
- Should have knowledge of IHS and Silicon Expert
- Have experience in reading schematics for circuit designs
- Experience with PLM, Cadence Library management
- Cross Functional teams working experience