The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
The Arm Open Source Software (OSS) group enables partners to build software solutions on Arm IP-based systems. Are you flexible, a quick learner with good problem-solving skills, and willing to take challenges? Join our wonderful team of engineers who share a passion to make mark on the future of computing!
In this role, you will get opportunity to work on development of software stack on the latest Arm reference boards!Your day to day responsibilities will include development of Board Support Packages (BSP) for latest Arm IP with Linux kernel and Android versions on various reference platforms.
We seek individuals with exposure and knowledge of System software stack ranging from Bootloaders, Firmware and distributed OS.
- Development of system software on reference boards
- Bring up of Debian/Android on boards with latest GPU and CPU designs
- Developing and enabling virtualization software stack with Xen hypervisor
- Enabling multiple guest OS (Linux/Android)
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
- 2 to 7 years of experience in embedded software development
- Good knowledge of computer architecture
- Experience in working on system software
- Experience working on Linux device drivers development
- Hands on experience in bring up of software on boards and resolving any issues
- Experience with standard firmware implementations: e.g. UEFI, U-Boot
- Excellent C, assembly language and Linux programming skills
with GNU toolchain and cross compiling
- Experience in distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- Motivated to continuously develop skills and accept variety of responsibilities
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience
- Prior work experience on hypervisors – Xen
- Knowledge of Android Graphics framework
- Good debugging skills
- Understanding of test methodologies, CI and test automation
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Arm architecture