The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: General Electric
Job Description Summary
Firmware Engineer will participate in embedded firmware development for the MarkVIe platforms. You will work in a global environment with a skilled cross functional team of engineers creating and improving state-of-the-art platform for use in every kind of power generation application.
- Designing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging system software
- Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Automated unit and regression testing
- 3-5 years of working experience in embedded software programming
- BE/B. Tech in Computer science/Electrical/Electronics engineering
- Experience in hands on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C or C++ (preferably C++)
- Experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems ( preferably QNX RTOS)
- Experience of doing automated unit test for C/C++ applications.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Exposure to C# development will be an added advantage.