At Molex, we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry solutions. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
As a member of the QA Test Automation team, you will be responsible for creating and executing module and system level automated test cases to help our team to create exceptional quality, high performing, and reliable products. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of embedded development in C language, solid understanding Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), development and deployment principles as well as test automation experience.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop and execute firmware tests at a module level as well as system level to ensure firmware quality, reliability, and performance.
- Create and review documentation related to design and development of tests.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure exceptional product quality from start to finish.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in embedded systems and industrial automation.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in firmware development for embedded systems.
- Proficiency in C and Python.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers, processors, and SoCs.
- Fundamental understanding and development experience with major processor architectures (ARM, x86, MIPS, PPC, etc.)
- Familiarity with embedded development tools such as debuggers, emulators, and oscilloscopes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with a test automation framework such as Robot or Gauge.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as GitLab
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Ethernet/IP, CIP Safety, PROFINET, PROFISafe.
- Familiarity with PLC’s, and ladder logic is a plus.
- Familiarity with PLM tools like Polarion
- Familiarity with Functional Safety (IEC 61508 or similar standards)
- Familiarity with MISRA 2012
- Experience with bare-metal deployments, preferably on ARM architectures