Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Project Engineer – PMS and will be part of Process Automation business area for Energy Industries based in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be reporting to Engineering Manager and will be responsible for designing authority for Electrical power Management system with low to medium complexity. Completing assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments, handles testing, installing and commissioning activities, preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables
- Assisting in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.)
- Supporting the Contract Manager in change management (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.)
- Creating work plans and cost estimation in one’s area of responsibility, reviewing and approving scope, budget and scheduling for assignments, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost and improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions
- Completing Power Management System related risk, opportunity assessments and ensuring implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility and reporting any contract/ quality/ program/ cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution
- Collaborating with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers providing technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepting as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services
- Maintaining network of engineering professionals and sharing engineering best practice across different projects, disciplines and assigning tasks to and coordinating work with entry level engineers, technicians, and administrative staff
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electronics or computer science engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in power management system engineering and commissioning
- Hands on Experience in designing substation network architecture of control systems, software, hardware design and test experience with any of DCS, developing HMI graphics/logics related to primary equipment monitoring and control, load shedding, PQ Controls, synchronization etc
- Hands –on Experience in configuration of controllers, protocol gateways, data concentrators on various communication protocols, working with various manufacturer IED’s on IEC 61850, protocol in creating IEC, ICD, CID, SCD files, producing documents ranging from pre to detailed engineering, system testing (FAT & IFAT) for above mentioned systems
- Knowledge on network engineering and IT developments (PC handling, Windows applications, PC configurations, virus scanners, interfaces, backup)