We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Purpose of the Job
- Implementation and execution of the Verification, Validation, Integration and test activities, proving that the ETCS Trainborne design is fit for the intended use.
- Quality, Cost and delivery (QCD) targets should be met in the frame of the projects.
- Align strictly with the strategy and schedule. Report the results and issue to the V&V Manager.
- Involve in all the testing activities of the V&V group.
- Work closely with the Testing & Commissioning Team and support On-site testing activities and reviewing results.
- Interface with the Onboard experts across the sites for collaboration & support.
- Interface with the design team and share the outcome of the test sessions.
- Hierarchical Reporting: Mainline V&V Group Manager – ETCS Trainborne
- Functional Reporting: Project V&V Manager
- Network & Link: Design/PrEM/PSAM/PrQSM
- Perform the allocated verification, integration and testing activities. Produce the detailed report at the end of the test session.
- Contribute to the implementation of the V&V strategy in the verification and validation plan.
- Develop the test plans and test specifications in the frame of the projects based on the allocated requirements and V&V strategy.
- Interface & follow-up with the testing and commissioning for the exported requirements.
- Setup and configure FIVP test platforms as per the project needs.
- Analyze the issues reported from the site; be able to find the root cause and propose the mitigation.
- Contribute to the development of the Automation test scripts whenever needed.
- Report any defects found during the V&V activities, make sure that corrected CRs are closed after verification/validation. Follow the change management process strictly to not miss any identified defects.
- Follow the proper configuration management process to avoid issues during the audits.
- Raise technical or delivery related risk to the project V&V Manager
- Take full ownership of the tasks in hand; be problem solving.
- Demonstrate agility and flexibility by working on or switching between multiple projects
- Share the REX with the team for continuous improvement
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering (Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation / Communication)
- 3-5 years of experience in Railway Signalling projects
- Hands-on experience with interpreting Scheme plans, Circuits, Control tables, etc.
- Strong technical background with knowledge of Signalling principles, testing & commissioning of railway signalling projects (Metro or Mainlines)
- Experience with ETCS Onboard systems is preferred.
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Sense of urgency, responsibility and self-motivation
- Basic IT Skills such as MS Office, Excel Functions / Macro, Python scripting. Any Scripting language knowledge is added advantage
- English fluency in reading/writing/participating in technical meetings