The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
This position is part of Skunkworks team focusing on fast paced innovation across Electrification, Energy Transition, Digitilization & Regional Growth. Team will work on product & technology development of Power Electronics devices such as On-Board & Off-board Chargers, UPS Inverters, Power Converters & Traction Inverters. Team is expected to have significant interactions with senior leadership & cross functional team to mature projects from idea to proof of concept stage demonstrating value proposition.
The Senior Embedded software / Firmware Engineer shall be responsible for development of embedded software / firmware for embedded control systems for power distribution systems related to vehicle electrification. Some of the functions of this role include:
- Breaking down product/system requirements to firmware requirements, developing module & system level code using programming languages such as C & C++.
- Involve in technical design including architectural and more detailed object oriented design . Providing project, process, and technical leadership on project activities along with contribution to product development & technology innovations.
- Participate in agile development planning efforts.
- Plan design release by coordinating with stakeholders for all new firmware activities.
- Generate ideas and innovative solutions which will provide competitive edge to business products.
- Contribute to the software development efforts through the design and implementation of world class, high-performance embedded software.
- Evaluate business and technical requirements and identify new solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders, cross functional team to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
- Propose and implement innovative and competitive technical solutions that make significant business impacts and provide value to stakeholders.
- Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
- Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
- Author high-quality unit-tested code.
- Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage.
- Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and technology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
- Contribute to team’s technical growth by engaging in technical discussion and mentoring.
- Oversee system testing and validation by working with testing and validation team.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science / Electronics / Electrical ) Engineering from reputed college. Preferred Master’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of extensive experience in embedded C, C++ programming, operating systems, data structures on embedded system.
- Extensive experience of using embedded C, C++ in products
- Linux (Driver, Kernel) knowledge is desirable
- Understanding of Real Time Operating Systems, multithreading and IPC concepts, Data Structures, Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Hands-on experience designing and validating firmware for 16/32-bit microcontrollers
- Experience on various communication protocols such as RS232, SPI, I2C, Ethernet.
- Understanding of digital circuits and analog electronics as related to FW development, integration and configuration.
- Industrial protocols like Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, 61850 and/ or DNP3
Experience in Agile Scrum based firmware development and version control/review tools like JIRA/Bitbucket/Git etc.
- Desirable to have expereince working with Automotive Systems.
- Good team player, Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to customers, and technical staff, works effectively in ambiguity, passionate and pro-active