APPLY HERE ON LINKEDIN
Company: Microchip Technology
About The Job
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip’s nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it’s won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over 30 years of quarterly profitability without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
Visit our careers page to see what exciting
opportunities and company perks await!
- Candidate will join the Systems Validation Group to drive the system level validation of interfaces and architecture features for the FPGA.
- Create System and FPGA designs to exercise all the use models targeted for each product mimicking end applications in a customer setting.
- Write system and product level validation plans for new and existing silicon products and projects; execute per plan, record and communicate results
- FPGA prototyping and emulation. Understanding spec., writing emulation plan and executing per plan. Record and communicate results.
- Understand hardware architectures, use models and system level design implementations required to utilize the silicon features.
- Be an effective contributor in a cross-functional team-oriented environment.
- Write high quality code in Verilog, VHDL and C code for embedded processors. Maintain existing code.
- Learn new system designs and validation methodologies. Understand FPGA architectures.
- Hands-on systems level design, debug and validation experience with serdes based protocol, worked with PCS/PIPE interface and controller, DMA use cases.
- FPGA architecture, design flow(Vivado/Quartus/Libero/Diamond) and timing closure
- Design with RTL coding in Verilog/VHDL and Verification of RTL
- Experience using Simulation (ModelSim) and Synthesis (Synplicity) tools
- Basic knowledge of embedded processors such as ARM Cortex-M3 or RISC and familiarity with AMBA protocols APB, AHB, AXI, ACE
- Knowledge on embedded software C/C++ programming and bare metal application development and debug
- Board level debug skills using oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, protocol exercisers and analyzers, integrated logic analyzers (e.g. Synopsys Identify, Xilinx Chipscope)
- Working knowledge of SERDES CTLE and DFE circuits preferred
- Experience on NOC based processor system interface with protocol controller is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with memory interfaces and training ip on DDR4/5, LPDDR4/5 memories is a plus