The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- We are looking for a Technical Support Professional to join the IBM Db2 Support
team. This team of highly skilled and motivated individuals provide technical
support to IBM clients with Db2 LUW database systems and related tools such as Db2
Client and connectivity related products.
- Understanding, narrowing, and defining the scope of clients concerns in terms of
stating the problem and understanding its scope. Managing client expectations and
understanding the nature of the issue in terms of technical impact and
pervasiveness. Utilizing technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with
other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to
resolution using problem determination/problem analysis skills. You may have the
opportunity to work closely with the Db2 development lab to correct identified
product defects. Communicating updates and action plans to customer or IBM
representative via the phone and email as per response guidelines. Contributes to
department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to record and document each step of the problem-solving effort including
any interaction with the client DBA. Sharing knowledge and expertise with the team
and also, the clients, such as writing technotes, blogging in social media, etc.
- Ensuring that an adequate amount of process is followed. If applicable, recommends
and implements new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures,
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience with Java, C or C++ programming experience
- Ability to prioritize personal workload and multitask as required
- Ability to initiate self-learning of new skills & areas of the database &
likewise with the Operating System, programming languages, shell scripts in order
to utilize these to assist solving problems
- This role will require working a shifted work week at least once a month
provide support on weekends and some public holidays as the hub is one of 3
worldwide support hubs that provide 24×7 support 365 days a year.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Degree (Electrical/Computer Systems/Software
Engineering) Science (Computer/Mathematics/Statistics) Information Technology
- 1+ years of Java, C or C++ programming experience.
- Programming skills in some or all of SQL, Unix shell scripting, Unix system
- Familiar with multiple Unix variants such as AIX, Solaris, HP-UX and/or
- Knowledge of Unix debugging tools such as GDB & DBX