The Sr Quality Assurance Engineer will work on products catering to the Train Performance portfolio of Wabtec’s Digital Solutions business, which includes energy management products. Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions. Owns medium sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.
- Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
- Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Integrates project testing with continuous integration process.
- Works with fellow team members to diagnose defects and formulate solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
- Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
- Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
- Develops and executes maintainable tests for Sanity, Acceptance, Functional, and Regression test cases.
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation from reputed Institute/college/University
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an engineering position of Verification & Validation engineering, Quality engineering
- Aerospace / automotive / locomotive hands-on domain knowledge
- Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
- Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
- Expert in developing test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Exposure to tools like Jenkins, Rally, Confluence etc.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix/QNX and Windows environments.
- Expert in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- ISTQB Test Analyst OR equivalent test certification desired
- Experience working with embedded technologies
- Passion for delivering customer outcomes
- Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (RCA)
- Proven track record of delivering on cross-functional teams
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Company: Webtec Corporation
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.