You will serve as the technical lead for embedded systems through the entire product life cycle, from inception and roadmap through design and into mass-production support. Design and implement robust digital designs for various embedded devices. Perform board bring-up, testing and troubleshooting. Contribute to the IoT firmware architecture by writing, debugging, and delivering production grade firmware. Conceive, document, and execute comprehensive design validation tests on new designs. As a member of our team you will partner with vendors to deliver new components to the required specification and schedule. Function as a subject matter member on a variety of technologies by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management. You will travel to the supplier and contract manufacturer sites world-wide to partner and collaborate on product development activities (10% – 20% travel).
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science 6+ years’ experience in the consumer or industrial electronics industry as an embedded systems design engineer.
- Hands-on experience with system development and product integration, as well as hardware/software co-simulation and pre-silicon validation.
- Hands-on experience with modern digital camera technologies, image sensors, and ISP pipelines.
- Familiar with image formats, video codecs, and color spaces.
- Demonstrated shipping at least 2 products from concept to production.
- Experience in embedded C, C++, or Java programming Familiar with test equipment and methods.
- Interested and able to travel internationally
- Master’s degree in Engineering. Experience in Java and Python programming in a GNU/Linux development environment.
- Experience developing digital electronic hardware
- Experience in working with international, cross-functional teams and partnering closely with mechanical engineers to deliver fully integrated real-world solutions.