Provide solution, execute basic & detailed design for all Protection & Control applications involving switchyard and generator circuits for SAS & conventional projects from 33kV to 765kV as per customer specification and internal standards. Initiate technical discussion and secure customer approval on Engineering documents; Deliver quality on-time documentation for procurement, manufacturing, testing, site erection and commissioning.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Functional. Study Specification / Technical inputs and prepare compliance to customer observation / comments.
- Preparation of Technical Design, Engineering Calculations and Drawings.
- Check & Validate design documents.
- Evolve cost effective / optimized solutions Selection & requisition of IEDs, Relays & Bought-on-Job materials.
- Ensure issuance of technical specifications to enable procurement of materials Attend Customer technical meetings for secure approvals.
- Release manufacturing instructions and project configurations.
- Co-ordinate with various stakeholders including Testing team for internal validation and participate in FAT as required
- Provide support to the site team to resolve technical issues and snag lists Prepare As-built documentation Share Return of Experience.
- Implement the applicable RoEs in design phase.
- Manage technical interface with sub suppliers & partners, prepare input data, check consistency.
Time schedule & On Time delivery
Participate with Team leader / Project Manager and finalize deliverables and project plan.
Manage design time spent on relevant activities Ensure on-time delivery of Quality design deliverables
On weekly basis provide Team lead and /or PM with project reviews Project strategy, risk management, Process & Tools Follow project strategy & highlight scope or design changes (data for claims, VO) Track, manage & mitigate identified or potential deviations/risks Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes Deploy Engineering tools as per strategy
Anticipate and mitigate delivery issues and recommend change On weekly basis provide Team lead and /or PM with project reviews
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering 2 to 3 years in B.E. / B.Tech (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
- 3 to 5 years in Diploma (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
- Basic: Power System & Primary Equipment, Substation Automation, Communication Protocols
- Broad: Product (Protection IEDs) Knowledge, Protection philosophy & concepts, Cubicle mfg.
- knowledge, Engineering calculations & Design tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently & Problem-solving skills
- Collaboration and Teamwork;
- Convincing and Influencing
Company: General Electric
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.