Job Responsibilities and Expectations
Installation Support and Training
- Provide new equipment installation support and oversight.
- Develop a customer training plan for assigned equipment.
- Ensure installation documentation is thorough and complete for remote customers.
- Promote customer self-sufficiency through training and frequent communication.
- Facilitate bi-directional communication between appropriate customer groups and Engineering groups.
- Liaise with Customer Service for unique customer information needs (quotes, RMA).
- Coordinate new equipment installation schedules, upgrades and\or modifications to meet customer needs.
- Aid maintenance personnel in the identification and rectification of unique and difficult system failures.
- Track material returns for warranty repair\replacement.
- Generate Field Reports to document issues, equipment modifications or repetitive system failures that will influence the equipment in the field.
- Assist customers with spares management as necessary.
- Follow all site\customer specific contractual obligations where applicable. Examples may
- include IP security, time tracking, documentation, services, RMA support, etc.
Equipment Performance and Improvement
- Monitor operational, maintenance and performance data, including customer pass downs, to understand unique processes\issues at each site.
- Compile, document and track issues in approved location\format to be easily shared with customers and Field Service Team.
- Monitor both equipment and PCB RMA data. Make appropriate recommendations to reduce field failures.
- Present unbiased feedback from the field to internal and external customers.
- Document equipment or process deficiencies, using field and\or experimental data, and make recommendations for feasible solutions.
- Assist with the development and deployment of system upgrades and\or modifications.
- Provide field upgrade training to customer support groups.
- Track equipment upgrades for easy reference.
- Provide feedback on any manufacturing, or quality issues are discovered in the field.
- Track QC and new PCB failures in approved location for easy access by the various support and manufacturing groups.
Equipment Documentation Support
- Assist with content in the equipment user’s guides or other technical documentation that will be used to support equipment in the field.
- Provide recommendations and direction for online site content that will provide Field Service team and customer base easy access to all necessary information needed for installation and maintenance.
- Assist with the development of customer maintenance and process procedures.
Security & IP Protection
- Primary responsibility for oversite of the Micron test equipment (including supporting spare hardware, RMA process for repairs etc.).
- Monitor Micron equipment performance, provide “second level support” to assist local ES technicians when debugging Micron equipment, communicate equipment status back to our factory as needed, and in general monitor partner behavior to follow the responsibilities stated within the contractual agreement and NDA’s.
- Oversite may include routine monitoring of items stored in the secure room, auditing material handling reports, auditing inventory levels for certain IP sensitive items.
- Candidate may also be requested to perform occasional non-routine tasks related to the security of Micron hardware
Test Program Management
- Manage test strategies and programs for memory products
- Improve device yield, reliability and quality through test condition optimization, advanced redundancy analysis schemes, data analysis and test equipment hardware optimization
- Assist process and production teams by providing necessary engineering expertise to ensure smooth manufacturing operations
- Uses & applies general technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, & techniques
- Able to understand the complexities of an issue and independently code with in-depth understanding of device architecture
- Provides input to team members and managers on project, technical or innovation issues
- Helps to follow right set of standards and challenge the status quo if necessary
- Expected to interface with colleagues outside of engineering & may mentor less experienced engineers
- Sets task level goals & influences project level schedules
- Manage lab equipment capacity, usage, output for different products
- Drive efficiency and use metrics to identify opportunities to increase productivity
- Sustain and improve the KPIs of the test engineering through continuous improvement activities / projects without any deviations, misses, excursions along with 100% quality & zero escapes
- Exhibit key Micron values such as customer driven mindset, effective planning, getting results, end to end ownership, effective communication, making lasting decisions, driving collaborations, building relationships, fostering a global mindset, developing self and others
- BE in electronics & 3-5 years of equivalent experience/background in related fields.
- Proficient in programming skills: C/C++/Python/Perl Strong working knowledge in STLC framework is mandatory
- Good understanding of semiconductor device physics Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment will be an added advantage
- Exposure to data analysis tools such as Tableau is desirable
- Must have a high level of self-motivation and be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Experimental design and data analysis skills with multi-tasking efforts Strong verbal and written communication skills, with English communication (written/spoken) a preferred benefit.
- Must have strong soft skills and ability to work with diverse cultures, nationalities, and personality types.
- Willingness to travel, this opening is for Kochi location Comfortable interacting with multiple internal and external customer groups in all areas and levels (i.e. Production, Equipment
- Support, Engineering, Facilities and Management).
- Strong troubleshooting skills in equipment’s (Testers), able to manage related software’s
- Prior experience working with equipment in a wafer Probe or Test or Burn-in environment would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, multifaceted, environment
Location: Hyderabad and Kochi
Company: Micron Technology